Royal coat of Arms 1814
The Royal coat of Arms were the gift of George Jellicoe of Little Chatwell 4th Jan 1814 commemorating the Peace of Paris ➚ and Napoleon’s exile to Elba.
George Jellicoe’s uncle was buried in the church at Tong.
Coade stone ➚ was used for many fine monuments in London between 1769 and 1833. It cost £3 12s 4d to transport it from London in 1815. The sculpture itself cost over £60 (equivalent to a few thousand in modern terms).
Copyright © 2007 through 2018 Discovering Tong