The plaque on the right of the east window commemorates Philip Barker (d. 1898) in whose memory the reredos and panelling were erected. The plaque on the left commemorates Laura Barker (d.1899) in whose memory the east window was installed. The East Window was designed by Charles Kempe ➚ in 1902. He copied the fifteenth-century glass in the West Window and the rest of the design follows that of the East Window at Haddon Hall ➚ (the main ancestral home of the Vernon family).
Copyright © 2007 through 2015 Discovering Tong