The window on the south side of the sanctuary commemorates the fourth Earl of Bradford (1845-1915) who financed the restoration of the church in 1892. The Bridgeman family (Earls of Bradford) bought Tong in 1855 combining the Tong Estate with their existing lands to the north.
Their ancestral home was Weston Park ➚ at Weston-under-Lizard where they are buried although commemorative plaques to members of the family are located in the south-west of the church.
The fourth Earl’s mother Selina was a confidante with Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli ➚.
Copyright © 2007 through 2015 Discovering Tong