East View of the church
A wintry scene of the church from the east, the gates were the grand entrance to Tong Castle. The iron bollards and chains were erected by George Durant and bear the ‘Beati qui Durant’ crest. The picture was taken by the long serving churchwarden Bill Tuck who lived at the Red House in the village for many years.
View to church from the north west, Tong Church and Tong Castle 1855, View to the church from the south east
Copyright © 2007 through 2018 Discovering Tong